Teen Pregnancy Prevention & Social Media Web Page
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has developed social media tools and messages available to support teen pregnancy prevention efforts. CDC's new Teen Pregnancy and Social Media web page is available at: http://www.cdc.gov/TeenPregnancy/SocialMedia/index.htm
This page provides free, easy-to-use communication tools that can help expand the reach of health messages and help increase public engagement. Tools include:
- buttons and badges for web sites,
- an e-Card encouraging parents to talk with teens about sex
- Twitter and Facebook messages about teen pregnancy that can be added to organizations' Facebook walls,
- a downloadable podcast and PSA about teen pregnancy,
- links to CDC's mobile-ready teen pregnancy prevention web pages, and
- information on Content Syndication, which enables partner organizations to display current CDC content on your websites.
The page also features CDC's Social Media Toolkit for Health Communicators, a guide to setting up your own social media tools or channels for communicating messages around teen pregnancy prevention.
This social media tool kit will continue to grow over the coming months. Please check back frequently!