Cameron responds to a series of questions about his experience with school-based mental health. He discusses how school mental health has positively impacted and made a difference in his life, and shares his message that school-based mental health programs could also help other students.
Cameron responded to the following questions:
- How has the school mental health program impacted you?
- How have the school mental health counselor and the services you received made a difference for your life?
- If this program had not been in your school, would your life be different now? Would it be worse?
- What would you say was the most helpful service to you?
- What about this experience matters to you most?
- If a person (teacher, principal, or a counselor) asked you if the school mental health program should be in their school, what would you say to them?
Cameron Age: 13
- It has increased my grades ever since I first started.
- It has heavily impacted my emotions and I am much happier since the start of the program.
- My life would have been more than likely worse without it, grades would probably be much worse than before, and I would still be depressed.
- My weekly sessions with [counselor] has straightened my life out the most.
- Everything about it matters, it helps me gain control my life and puts me in a better position for the future.
- I would say yes because it was so helpful to me, and through my own experiences with the program, it would help struggling students like I was.